Monday 6 April 2015

My Style Diary - White Lace Playsuit and Chambray


Hello hello!
I hope you've had a lovely Easter and long weekend. We had some beautiful weather this weekend and I was finally inspired to pull on something a little more interesting than a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, which is what I've been living in the past few weeks (and even for me it was getting kind of boring!)

I feel like this outfit is a perfect representation of how I want my style to be - effortless and laid back but still feminine and a little bit unique.
The white lace (which you know I have a soft spot for) of the playsuit is beautiful and fresh, while the chambray shirt thrown over the top gives a really relaxed vibe. There's something just so lovely about white lace -  it's so feminine and soft, but the style of the playsuit keeps the whole outfit comfy and adds a bit of fun and playfulness.

This might just be one of my favourite outfits I've ever shown on the blog and I'd never thought to combine these two pieces until I was playing around on Sunday morning. Most days I don't like to fuss and have multiple outfit changes (which usually happen when I'm having a "I have nothing to wear" moment and result in a horrible mess and the feeling that I've wasted a huge amount of time), but sometimes it's those days when you take the time to experiment that you end up discovering a new favourite combination. Now I'm actually thinking I should spend a little more time playing with my wardrobe - that's really how you end up getting the most use out of it and appreciating what you already own!


Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Playsuit - Dotti
Shirt - Portmans
Sandals - Therapy
Purse/clutch - Country Road
Watch - Thomas Sabo
Ring - from my Grandma :)

4 comments :

  1. This is a really lovely outfit! I'm happy that the weather is brightening up - it hasn't been the best start to Spring in the UK, but the sunshine is finally out! x

    Temporary:Secretary // Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes we are so lucky with the weather here in Perth! Glad to hear you're getting a bit of sunshine now! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a babin' boho look! I truly love your gorgeous style Lauren but I think you know that already!! :D ;) You really do nail unique and all the things you want your style to be. I love your summer inspo so much! This is yet another stunning outfit that's so dreamy... in agreement that your playsuit is such a beautiful, fresh piece. The lace layering is immense. Love the casually chic way you've worked the shirt with it. On point photography that captures the essence of your look and style so well as always <3

    In agreement with you that playing around with a wardrobe set up can lead to favourite combinations. It definitely makes you throw pieces together that somehow work so very well!

    Hope you had a fab Easter :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! You're always so sweet Sophie! xx

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished