Sunday 9 August 2015

My Style Diary - Blue Skies and Winter Sunshine


Hello Hello :)

Today's photos were actually taken way back in June, on a lovely warm and sunny winter's day. I've said it so many times before, but we are incredibly lucky here in Perth with the amount of sunshine we get. 

Despite our relatively mild winters, I have to say I am definitely ready for spring. It's been very chilly (by my standards anyway) the past few weeks and the rainy, dark mornings have not been welcome when I'm dragging myself out the door on the way to work. I'm thinking some warmer weather and lighter days will help... just one more month until it's officially spring and it will hopefully start warming up!

This cold weather is one of the main reasons there hasn't been much happening here on the blog lately. I've just been very uninspired outfit-wise because all I want to wear when it's cold is a pair of jeans and the warmest jumper I can find.

I've actually been doing my own version of the Project 333 capsule wardrobe challenge over the past few months and it's actually been pretty easy so far. For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it's where you narrow down your wardrobe to 33 items and wear just these for the season (3 months). You can read all about it here if you're interested.

I haven't actually cut my wardrobe down to 33 items - being strict about the number isn't really what the challenge is about in my opinion, but I've definitely been simplifying things more than I ever have before and doing it in a way that feels right for me.
You would think that living with such a small wardrobe would be a bit restrictive, but I actually have a good range of options that I know I could put together a variety of outfits with. The only problem has been that I just haven't bothered! I'm going to put in a bit more effort for the rest of August though - I want to see how versatile this capsule wardrobe thing can be!

I'm planning on doing more posts on this topic, but I'll leave it at that for now - I'm off to continue watching The OC -  I'd forgotten how much I loved that show, and it's making me a little nostalgic for high school :)

Have a good Sunday night!

Lauren
xxx

Top - Country Road
Jeans - 7 For All Mankind
Scarf - Sportsgirl
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Necklaces - Mimco
Watch - Thomas Sabo
Bag - Country Road

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished