Sunday 26 March 2017

My Style Diary - Saturday Afternoon Strolling Around Fremantle


Good morning! 

I'm sitting here bright and early on this lovely Sunday morning with my cup of tea, ready to get stuck into blogging. 

These photos are from last Saturday (just quickly snapped on my phone) when Tom and I spent a lovely afternoon strolling around Fremantle. For some reason we rarely get to Freo, but when we do I always love the chilled vibe it has. The old buildings, walking through the markets, popping into second hand bookstores, and just leisurely exploring, really can make you feel like you're on holiday, even if it's just for a few hours. 

Outfit-wise I was wearing my Country Road jeans and one of my favourite (very brightly) printed shirts, with my navy cardigan thrown on for a little more warmth (we seem to be heading into autumn a lot more quickly than usual, what happened to our endless summers?!)
These are all staple pieces in my capsule wardrobe that I've worn time and time again and won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

The bag I actually stole from my Mum (she wasn't using it so I thought I may as well give it some love!) and it's become one of my favourites. It's a lovely soft leather, the tan colour goes with almost everything I wear and it's the perfect size. Cross body bags have always been my favourite style, and they're particularly great for days like this one when you're wandering around exploring (and pretending to be on holiday).


Speaking of holidays I have SO many photos from our Europe trip to share but I just haven't gotten around to sorting through them yet! Making time to sit down and write posts/edit photos has been hard lately as I feel like there are a million other things I should be doing and my poor little blog always gets put on the back burner. 
I do really want to make this more of a priority though as it's something I love doing and truly makes me so happy.

 I have so many ideas floating around in my head for fun, creative posts (not just style diaries!) and just random things I'd like to share, but I do still have this mental block that my blog is just this "silly, frivolous thing" so I have trouble making it a priority. Even after four years of blogging I don't talk about it with people in real life and the thought of people I know reading it still makes me squirm! I know it's ridiculous and I really do just need to get over it, but it's much easier said than done!

Any tips on getting over this silly fear? They would be much appreciated! :)

Anyway, that turned into a bit of a ramble didn't it?
I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Top - Sportsgirl
Jeans - Country Road
Cardigan - Pull & Bear
Shoes - Roxy
Bag - Country Road

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished