Thursday 11 July 2013

Great Gatsby - Sparkles, Pearls and Bow heels!










Heya :)

A few weeks ago I went to a Great Gatsby themed 21st, and I had so much fun planning my costume and getting all dressed up! I hadn't been to a Costume Party in quite some time, and it was the perfect opportunity to rummage through my wardrobe and jewellery box and pull out all those sparkly bits and bobs that I rarely get a chance to wear in "real life". (Well... I do wear them...but there's something fun about being able to pile on the accessories,  and not worry about being over the top!) 

Speaking of The Great Gatsby - I think Baz Luhrmann did an amazing job with the new movie. Visually, it's just stunning, and the soundtrack is great too. I quite enjoyed the interesting blend of the modern music with the 1920's setting. It was a very "Baz Luhrmann" kind of film - very dramatic and theatrical. I'm a huge fan of his movies (Moulin Rouge! is my favourite movie of all time), and this one didn't disappoint!

What did you think of the movie?


Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Dress - Forever New
Sequined top - Forever New
Shoes - Office
 Head band - Mimco
Necklace - My Mum's
Bracelets - Accessorize, Thomas Sabo, Tiffany & Co
Ring - Forever New
Clutch - Olga Berg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished