Friday 6 September 2013

Beauty Bits - Spring Lip Product Loves



Even though the weather in Perth seems to be a little confused (it's been quite chilly, and raining on and off for the past week), it is technically spring, so I thought I would do a little post on some lovely bright lip products that I'm excited to break out for the warmer months.

Let's get started with the newest additions to my makeup collection - The Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons. These have been raved about on YouTube, and the colours are stunning, so I just had to try them out! I picked up three of the four colours - Orange Punch, Peach on the Beach, and Red Sunrise. (I decided to skip Fuchsia Libre as I already have too many pinks!)

Orange Punch - This is a great, wearable orange in my opinion. It's pigmented enough that the orange really comes through, but sheer enough so you don't end up looking ridiculous! 

Peach on the Beach - I had really high hopes for this one after seeing Zoella's video where she was wearing it. It is a beautiful peachy-pink colour that is quite unique and looked gorgeous on Zoe, but on me I feel it looks a little strange. I love the colour though, so I'm going to keep trying...

Red Sunrise - This is my favourite. The pinky-red colour is stunning, and in my opinion the most flattering (on my skin tone at least).  It is opaque in just one swipe, and is a very bold colour!

These have a lovely formulation, very creamy and pigmented with a gorgeous glossy finish. They have really good staying power, although I think the claim of lasting 10 hours is going a bit far. In comparison to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains (which I love), I would have to say the Revlon ones last longer - mainly due to their more lip balm-like quality (which eventually turns into a stain). These are more like a gloss and not quite as moisturising, but the colours are just perfect for spring/summer! 


Moving on to lipsticks...

Mac's Girl About Town - This is another much talked about product. I'd had my eye on if for ages and finally caved. The amplified formula is really creamy, moisturising and opaque and I just love the bright fuchsia colour.

Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Monte Carlo - I  love this pink-y coral. It's creamy, moisturising, and quite sheer. It doesn't last a hugely long time but is very easy to reapply (no mirror necessary). This is one of my most worn lipsticks and is an all time favourite.

Mac's Mineralise Rich Lipstick in Lady at Play - Mac describes this as a "mid tonal cool tangerine". I think of it more as a pink-y coral (as you can see I love those kind of colours). It's very opaque and creamy and lasts for ages. 

L-R: Girl About Town, Lady at Play, Monte Carlo, Red Sunrise, Orange Punch, Peach on the Beach

Anyway, those are the bright lip products I'll be wearing this spring and into summer. I'd love to hear about your favourite lipsticks!

Lauren
xxx



2 comments :

  1. Really enjoyed reading this post, even if it is Autumn for me now aha :D

    thatisbeautylicious.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished