Tuesday 31 December 2013

Highlights of 2013


Hello :)

So once again it's been rather a long time since my last post. There are a number of reasons for that, the first (and main reason), is that my parents have taken the camera I usually use for taking outfit photos away with them to Sweden (lucky things!) Secondly, everything has been a little crazy due to the usual busyness that tends to accompany Christmas time, and I just haven't had a chance to sit down and blog.

 Speaking of Christmas though, I hope you all had a lovely day with your family and friends! I certainly did, despite the fact that my immediate family left me at home while they went off to have great adventures in Sweden! (I can't really complain too much, it was my choice to stay home and work... although I can't pretend I wasn't kicking myself the day before Christmas when I was still at work and they were exploring Stockholm!)

Anyway, I wanted to do a little post on the highlights of 2013. So without any further rambling, lets hop right in!


Highlight # 1

Kicking off 2013 in Verona

It was certainly a memorable night, which started with a concert in the Piazza Bra, and ended with spectacular fireworks launched off the Arena. We spent the rest of January continuing our adventures around Italy, so it was a great way to start the year!



Highlight # 2

My Graduation


This was by far the biggest highlight of the year! It was an amazing night that I will never forget. It marked the culmination of 5 years of bloody hard work, and despite having some great times at Uni, I was not sorry to say goodbye to life as a dental student. Don't get me wrong, I did for the most part enjoy my time at uni and made some lifelong friends, but if you're a dental student (or know any dental students) you will understand. Earning a dental degree is a rather torturous process!


Hightlight # 3

Starting my first "proper" "grown-up" job. Despite having occasional low points and moments of "What am I doing with my life??" I have, for the most part, been enjoying it. There are moments when I genuinely feel like I'm helping people, and those moments make it worth it! Although I do sometimes question my career choice (and daydream about other possibilities), I'm proud of what I've achieved and learnt this year and plan to continue learning and improving! 


Highlight # 4

Starting this blog! 

One of the benefits of finishing uni and starting work was that I suddenly found myself with rather a lot of spare time. What better way to fill that time than to finally get around to starting my blog! I was a little apprehensive at first, and I've still only told my closest friends about it, but it's been a great little hobby!


Highlight # 5

Weekends down south

I spent some lovely weekends down south in Margaret River with my family and friends this year. I can't describe how relaxed I feel when I'm down there. Everything just seems right in the world, and they were just some of the most perfect weekends.




Highlight # 6

My 23rd Birthday

To celebrate, I had a little tea party with some of my closest friends, and it was just a really nice day :)




Highlight # 7 

Cooking!

This year I've actually started to enjoy cooking and am very slowly getting better at it. It's still something I need to work on, but it's been a step forward!





Highlight # 8

Our 4 year anniversary :)



Highlight # 9

Trying out new places to eat!



Tom and I started a tradition of going out for breakfast/lunch on Friday mornings when we weren't working. They were always one of the highlights of my week :)


Highlight # 10

Seeing Taylor Swift

She was amazing. Enough said :)


Highlight # 11

Christmas

Christmas was wonderful. Even though my parents and sisters weren't here this year, I had a really lovely day celebrating with my grandparents and extended family. I was feeling particularly Christmassy too, partly due to the fact that I was watching so many people's Vlogmas videos on Youtube! (They're my secret guilty pleasure)






* * * 

All in all it was a pretty good year! I'm thinking about my New Years Resolutions now and how I can make 2014 even better!


Happy New Year!

Lots of Love

Lauren
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished