Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas - For Her



Christmas Gift Ideas - For Her


Hello :)

I get a little overexcited when it comes to Christmas shopping and I wanted to share my excitement by putting together a little guide for gift ideas - one "For Her", and one "For Him". I've been meaning to write this post for a few weeks now, and seeing as I've just spent most of the evening wrapping Christmas presents, I thought this would be the perfect time to finally sit down and get it done. Hopefully this gives you a little inspiration if you're stuck for ideas!


Clarins Face and Body Gorgeous Getaways Set
 Clarins has a whole range of beautiful gifts sets available this year. It's one of those brands that has universal appeal - even my Mum who isn't into beauty products at all really loves Clarins. This set is perfect because it mostly contains the basics and nothing too "fussy" which she wouldn't use. I'm sure whoever is lucky enough to receive a Clarins gift set would really appreciate it.   

WillowTree Sculpture
 I've been fortunate enough to received a couple of these gorgeous hand painted sculptures as gifts from my parents. They're so beautiful in their simplicity, and each one represents an idea, (for example, the ones that I have are "Love" and "Happiness", and the sculpture in the picture above is "Abundance". I think they make lovely, meaningful gifts. Here's a little snipped from the website.  
The sculptures are rendered so as to suggest elegance, simplicity, peace and serenity. Forms reveal their expressions through body gestures only... a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. Emotions are left to the viewer to discern, which makes them personal and powerful. Willow Tree is an understated line that speaks in a compelling way.

Photo Frames 
I personally love photo frames and this set of four frames from Kikki.K would make a lovely gift for someone who likes home decor. They'd look  great hung up as part of a gallery wall (which is on my list of "Things to do in my future house one day"). Another good place to look for frames is Country Road - they have a great selection!
For a really personal gift, you can't go past a beautiful framed photo of you and the person you're giving it to. (As you may be able to tell, I really like sentimental, meaningful gifts). 

Diary
For this one I think you really need to be close to the person you're giving it to, as they may very well have already picked up a diary by the time Christmas comes around. If you're sure they haven't, Kikki.K has some really cute (and functional) diaries.

A beautiful candle
There are so many different candles to choose from!  
The one in the picture above is from Country Road and has a lovely fresh, subtle fig scent. Other places/brands that have really nice candles include Tigerlily, Bed Bath and Table (my favourite is the Vanilla Bean Candle by Ecoya), and Archipelago which you can find at Kit Cosmetics in Myer.

Frankie Magazine Calendar
I'm giving this to my sister this year (I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog so hopefully it's safe to say that!) 
Frankie is her favourite magazine, and this Calendar has some beautiful prints which I thought that she could maybe save and frame one day. 

New York Cult Recipes Cook Book
Another gift I'm giving my Mum. My parents recently went on a trip to New York,  so I thought this book would be nice to add to her collection, and to remind her of her trip. It has some really tasty looking recipes that are a bit different to what you might find in a typical cook book.

Clarins Luscious Lips Christmas Gift Set
Another Clarins gift set. Now, I'm not a lipgloss fan (too sticky and troublesome), but I seriously love the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors. They feel so lovely and moisturising, smell (and taste) like vanillarly, chocolatey goodness, and add just a subtle natural shine. Perfection!

Jo Malone
I've become a little bit Jo Malone obsessed since discovering the brand when I was in London last year. Their scents are so beautiful and unique and would make for a very luxurious and special gift. I'm so happy there's now a Jo Malone Counter in David Jones! They have a whole range of products - Colognes, Candles, Bath products, and they package everything so beautifully. Fragrance can be a tricky thing to buy as a gift, but if you have a general idea of what the person likes, I don't think you can really go wrong with Jo Malone. 
They are expensive, but if you're looking to treat someone, this is where I would go.


Anyway, I hope this was helpful, and if not, hopefully you just enjoyed the pretty pictures! I love reading these kind of posts/watching gift guide videos, so this is just my little contribution! :)
If you go to my polyvore page, there are links to where you can find most of these things (although I'm not sure all the prices are exactly right). 

I hope you're having a lovely night! Part 2 "For Him" should be coming soon!

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished