Sunday 6 December 2015

My Style Diary - Gingham and White Lace


Hello :)

I was having a quick look back at a few of my recent outfit posts and I've just realised there seems to be a definite blue and white theme going on! In my last post I was talking about my spring capsule wardrobe, which is made up of quite a few brightly coloured pieces, but you wouldn't know it going by my outfit posts! 

Although it may not look like it, I have actually been getting a lot of wear out of the colourful pieces in my capsule wardrobe. Clearly I just haven't been taking the time to photograph those outfits! I'll have to make more of an effort from now on though, because I do really want to show that a colourful capsule wardrobe is definitely possible. It doesn't have to be all about the neutrals!

Anyway... onto the outfit... 
I've been loving wearing my gingham shorts, and was surprised to find that this white lace top (one of my all time favourites) actually pairs really nicely with them. I didn't expect it at first, as the top is a little bit boxy, but when tucked into the shorts I think it is actually a really cute look. That's the beauty of a capsule wardrobe - it let's you experiment and come up with combinations you probably wouldn't have tried if you were working with a larger number of items.

That's it for today! 
Hope you've had a fab weekend :)

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Top - Topshop
Shorts - Gingham
Watch - Calvin Klein
Sandals - Windsor Smith

...and I just had to include this photo of Tom... because he's such a cutie :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished