Monday 1 April 2013

My Style Diary - Another floral dress :)










Hello!

This long weekend seems like it's gone so quickly, but I definitely managed to pack in a lot of socializing! On Saturday I caught up with two of my best friends from school, one of whom I haven't seen in about 9 months because she's studying in Melbourne. We met up for coffee at 11am...and didn't end up leaving the cafe until around 4:30! I love that even though she's been away for so long (and despite the fact that we aren't great at keeping in contact), it still just feels so normal when she comes back. 

Later that night we went out to the city with some other friends, and also had a board game night on Sunday. I love getting to catch up and see my friends, but I was really glad that I had today to myself. I don't know why, but even if I'm having a really fun and relaxing time with other people, I feel kind of exhausted if I don't have at least some time on my own to recharge. 

Since finishing uni and starting work, I think I've gotten a lot more used to having free time on my own. While I'm enjoying it, I kind of feel weird that I'm not working towards something anymore, I kind of feel like I'm floating. In school I was always ridiculously busy with studying, orchestra, choir, ballet, cello practice... Then at uni, the workload kind of took over, and I stopped most of those other activities I used to love (I studied dentistry and the course was crazy). So now, I get up and go to work, and then come home and go..."Oh... what am I going to do seeing as I don't have to study?". While I haven't had difficulty finding things to occupy myself, I kind of feel like I need to be doing something more productive and useful, I just need to decide what. 

Anyway...enough of my blabbing... onto what I'm wearing. This dress was a birthday present from my parents last year. I particularly love the cut out at the back, although it does make it a little harder to wear.

What I'm Wearing
Dress - Tigerlily
Shoes - Betts
Cardigan - Pull and Bear
Bracelets - Pandora and a birthday gift
Watch - Thomas Sabo
Ring - from San Gimignano

I hope you've had a good day. I'm off to sleep now. Tomorrow I have an "Induction day" for my job that I've actually already been working at for 2 months... so that should be interesting!

Love Lauren
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished