Tuesday 6 January 2015

My Style Diary - Murder Mystery


Hello!

For my first outfit post of 2015 I thought I'd share a rather glamorous outfit that I wore for a Murder Mystery dinner party about a week ago. It was a really fun night with friends, and something a little different to your usual dinner party. The game we played was "How to Host a Murder - The Last Train From Paris", which you can check out here if you're interested.

My character's suggested costume was something "frilly, flowing and dripping in jewels" so I thought a sparkly top, long flowing skirt and a statement necklace would be appropriate. I love costume parties as they are a great excuse to dress up and pull out those pieces that you don't always get a chance to wear in everyday life. This sequinned top has been waiting patiently for the perfect occasion, and it finally had it's chance to shine the other night. It's one of those "special pieces" that, although it may not be worn very frequently, is always going to have it's place in my wardrobe for night's like this. 

Have you ever attended a Murder Mystery party? 
If not I definitely recommend holding one - they're really fun!

Lauren
xxx

Top - Forever New
Skirt - Forever New
Necklace - Colette by Colette Hayman
Ring - Forever New
Heels - Zara

6 comments :

  1. Ahh how beautiful! Definitely loving the 1920s vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kailey! Yeah it is a bit of a 1920s vibe! (To be honest the Murder Mystery game was supposed to be set in the 1940s, but hey - you've gotta work with what you've got!)
      xx

      Delete
  2. What a super, super outfit!! You look very glam!!! I've never done a murder mystery but I'd like to!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie! They're really fun! Definitely worth trying at least once! :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished