Tuesday 2 December 2014

My Current Favourite Makeup

I love reading beauty blogs and always plan to throw in a few more beauty related posts on here, but for some reason it never really happens. Possibly because I always end up looking ridiculous in any close up photos I take of my face in my attempt to show you a makeup look (and therefore end up just dropping the whole idea of it).

I've decided to bite the bullet though and go ahead with this one (despite the silly photos!) as it's a makeup look I've really been loving, and I wanted to share with you some of my absolute favourite products. 

I've been going for a super simple, very natural look lately, skipping foundation and instead just using my favourite Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer and a dusting of the Hourglass Ambient Lightning Powder in Dim Light.  It's a really great concealer that I rarely see mentioned on beauty blogs, and the powder gives a beautiful finish. 
I then use a little bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer to add some warmth and the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed for a touch of colour. This is by far my most used blush as it goes with any lip colour I wear.

For the eyes I have been loving Mac's Arena eyeshadow which is described as a "soft gold-peach with pearl" that is very subtle but perfect for brightening up the eyes. I rarely wear eyeliner partly due to the time consuming nature of it and partly because I like the no-eyeliner look, but I always finish off with a good few coats of mascara - the Maybelline Full'n Soft mascara has been a long time favourite. 

For lips, I've been using the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Cherry which gives a really pretty and subtle pinky-red colour. It looks super bright in the tube but can be sheered out, and because it's a balm, it's  obviously very moisturising. I do tend to switch out my lip products quite a bit, but this is the one I've been reaching for the most lately. 

And that is it!
I always love reading these posts - it's like getting a little sneak peak into someone's beauty bag and often a great way to decide which new products to add to my list, so hopefully it's been at least a little helpful or interesting :)

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx


Products

* Mac Eyeshadows - Arena all over the lid, Wedge in the crease, Brulé as a highlight

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished