Thursday 4 December 2014

Two New Beauty Buys


Last week I picked up two new goodies that were just so pretty that I had to share them on the blog.

The first is this absolutely stunning nail polish by Essie called Hors d'oeuvres. It is the sparkliest most glitter packed polish I own and perfect for this time of year (now that Christmas is well on its way!)
 It's chock full of slightly larger silver glitter pieces in a base of gold micro glitter. It's gorgeous layered over pretty much anything to add a bit of a festive feel to the nails, but it also gives a really cool gold/silver foil effect when dotted on all by itself. The only downside (which is to be expected from a glitter polish) is that it's a pain in the butt to get off!

The second naughty purchase is the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl which has been on my list for a very long time. I was finally pushed over the edge when I read that this is the shade that Taylor Swift wears (yes, I am one of those crazy fans).
This is the first of the Nars lip pencils that I've tried and I absolutely love the formula. It glides on easily and stays put, and despite it's matte finish I find it very comfortable on the lips and not too drying at all. Colour wise, it is the perfect red for me, not too orange or blue toned and with just a hint of pink. Its a very bright, vibrant colour that I think would look great on pretty much any skin tone. 
I have a feeling this is going to become one of my holy grail products and it's definitely going to be getting a lot of use, particularly in the summer months!
 I'm wearing it in this post if you want to see what it looks like on :)

Have you picked up any exciting new beauty bits?

Lauren
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished